- This event has passed.
February 25 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 amFree
Many of our clients and residents rely on others to help them with different aspects of their daily lives, including help with financial matters. “Power of Attorney” is a very common tool used to allow one person to make a financial decision on behalf of someone else, whether to pay bills, manage accounts, or even make the investment or business decisions. Join us at Stonehaven for a “deep dive” into the ocean of Power of Attorney, featuring Marit Peterson, program director for the Minnesota Elder Justice Center.
Following this session, participants will:
- Recognize power of attorney as distinct from other substitute decision-making tools
- Be familiar with the usual powers granted by this document
- Understand what limits exist on the authority of the attorney-in-fact
- Learn how powers terminate or are revoked
- And know where to find additional information about power of attorney forms and related law
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 25TH | 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Breakfast & Networking: 8:00 a.m.
CEU: 8:30 a.m.
Please RSVP by Feb. 21st to Marlie at 651-686-4366 or email@example.com