The process of moving into a senior living community is overwhelming. It can be hard to know everything to ask when touring. At Stonehaven of Eagan, we want our future residents to be informed and able to make smart choices for their future. We encourage hard questions and deep dives.
Not sure what to look for? We love this thorough (and printable) checklist from AARP. There are many questions to ask a senior living community on that checklist to make an informed decision. Below are the top 10 questions we think are the most important to ask.
10 Questions to Ask a Senior Living Community
- Are there different sizes and types of units available?
- Are there private rooms? Are there private bathrooms?
- Is there a kitchen or kitchenette options in units?
- Are there special care services for those with Alzheimer’s or other memory disorders?
- Is there a written care plan for each resident? Is it customized to their needs?
- Can residents choose their own doctors, therapists or pharmacies if desired?
- Do the rooms and bathrooms have handrails and call buttons?
- Is the floor plan easy to follow?
- What common areas are there? Are there any on-site services such as a salon or café?
- Is the contract easy to read and understand?
We’re happy to be here as a resource to you and your family as you navigate senior living options available to you. Our experts have helped hundreds of seniors and their families across Minnesota, and can help you navigate your options. Call us at 651-686-4366 or email us at info@RileyCrossing.com.
Want to learn more about options at Stonehaven of Eagan? Sign up for more information to see floorplans and amenities.