When considering senior housing options, cost is typically one of the top concerns. We understand everyone’s finances are different, but there are some funding options available you may qualify for.
Before we talk about the different funding options available, it’s important to understand that we’re truly here to help support and guide you as you navigate different senior living or care options that are available to you, even if it’s not with us. It’s not our goal to get you to move into our community if that is not the right fit. We have strong local community relationships and being part of Ebenezer/Fairview, allows us abundant options, support and care that we can refer you to. You can find the full listing of senior living options at EbenzerCares.org.
How to Afford Senior Living
Many individuals choose to map out current expenses and compare with the costs of Stonehaven of Eagan. Good news: we have a worksheet just for that! Please call us at 651-686-4366 or email us at info@RileyCrossing.com for your copy of the worksheet. Our experts can help you fill out the worksheet together to understand your options, or we can send it to you to review on your own time.
General Funding Options
Before you consider senior housing options, there are a few funding options we would encourage you to look into. These resources may or may not apply to your situation, but it’s important to know which options you have available:
- Social Security Income and Pensions – The amount of regular money you have coming in each month will inform your budget.
- Long Term Care Insurance – If you need support with getting it paid out, call us at 952-934-777.
- Life Insurance Policies – Dig deep on these, there may be unknown $ there for you. We are also happy to help review.
- Savings, Checking, CDs, Bonds and Other Investments
- Personal Loans and Lines of Credit – Check with your bank or Elderlife Financial for options
- Real Estate
- Antiques, Collectibles, Jewelry and other Personal Property
- Assistance from Loved Ones – Don’t be afraid to ask, they love you.
- Sharing an Apartment – This is a GREAT option that most don’t take advantage of. Our units offer privacy and comfort with shared living spaces.
- Veterans Benefits – We can help refer you to the right resource for VA Aid & Attendance.
- Tax Deductions
Again, we’re happy to be here as a resource to you and your family as you navigate senior living options available to you and to help you fund it. Our experts have helped hundreds of seniors and their families across Minnesota, and can help you navigate your options. Call us at 651-686-4366 or email us at info@RileyCrossing.com.
Want to learn more about options at Stonehaven of Eagan? Sign up for more information to see floorplans and amenities.