Stonehaven is grateful for our community churches that have made connections with our Stonehaven residents!
- St. Thomas Beckett provides catholic communion one time a month and a mass one time a month.
- Advent Methodist Church provides monthly worship services.
- Easter Lutheran provides a one time a month live streaming of their church services on a Sunday morning. Volunteers from the church bring hymn books and communion and help facilitate the service to our Stonehaven residents.
Stonehaven Staff also provide spiritual care by providing weekly hymn sings, weekly Bible Study, monthly worship service, remembrance services and a resident led monthly rosary. Stonehaven also helped facilitate a Seder Meal with the help of a resident with great knowledge and passion for this wonderful Jewish tradition.
Studies have shown that spiritual care can:
- Slow the progression of cognitive impairment with aging. It may even be associated with a slower progression of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Foster increased social participation
- Lower stress and increase coping capabilities